11 Tips for Keeping Business Going During COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has upended the lives of nearly everyone around the globe. People have had to adjust their daily lives and businesses have had to adapt to keep their customers happy and safe. The shutdowns made it very difficult for small businesses to stay afloat and maintain a steady flow of customers. Now that things have settled down a bit, it is important for local businesses to adjust accordingly and make plans to ensure that their companies remain successful.
Marketing has never been more important for small, local businesses. The goal of marketing efforts must be to not only maintain business and loyalty from current customers, but to attract new prospects and leads at the same time. The following are some important tips for keeping your business going during the pandemic:
- Send out regularly email communications
- Make sure that all online business listings are accurate with store hours
- Get active on social media and engage with customer base
- Network with likeminded businesses in your local community to potentially share customers
- Launch a loyalty program to reward repeat purchases
- Create a promotion specifically geared towards local buyers
- Update your website regularly
- Host an event an your place of business
- Build a new incentive program for customers who bring in new prospects
- Encourage your staff to promote the brand
- Entice your happy customers to write online reviews
While these times are certainly tough, there are a number of different avenues a small business can take to remain in business. Local business owners who are struggling to keep business flowing should consider some of the above marketing tips to keep their doors open.