Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The best way to protect your home from mold is to minimize fungus growth from occurring in your home or business. That means keeping your home in good repair, maintaining proper ventilation, and keeping indoor humidity under 60 percent. Unfortunately, mold may become an issue anyway, and if it does, you'll need to pay a professional mold remediation service in Florida to take care of it. Will your homeowners' insurance cover it? The answer is: it depends.
As a rule, insurance policies exclude mold damage that results from:
- Structural leaks
- High humidity
- Poor drainage
- Water seepage
This covers nearly all of the most common causes of mold damage, so if you're already dealing with a mold issue, your chances of being covered are low.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (407) 830-9899
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Altamonte Springs / Longwood for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Altamonte Springs / Longwood has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of Altamonte Springs / Longwood proudly serves Altamonte Springs, Longwood, Fern Park, and surrounding areas.